OUR GOAL IS TO SUPPORT A SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY IN OUR REGION BY PROMOTING AND OPERATING OUR TRIPS IN THE MOST RESPONSIBLE MANNER.
GEOTRAVEL PROVIDE UNFORGETTABLE OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES BRINGING WELL-PLANNED ITINERARIES TO LIFE AND CARE ABOUT ENVIRONMENT AND ENCOURAGE RESPONSIBLE TOURISM.
OUR MISSION IS TO BECOME ONE OF THE LEADING BRANDS IN QUALITY TOURISM IN SICILY.
We’re excited to announce that Geotravel tour operator, has achieved Travelife Partner Award for Sustainability in July 2023!!!!
Geotravel srl complies with more than 100 criteria, related to an operator’s office management, product range, international business partners and customer information. The Travelife Partner level standard is covering the ISO 26000 Corporate Social Responsibility themes, including environment, biodiversity, human rights, and labour relation.
This is an important goal for us, as it shows our commitment to environmental and social responsibility as well as providing our customers with high-quality and low-impact travel experiences.
It took us almost two years to complete this first step and Sustour Project helped us a lot in making this dream come true.
We all wish this Partner award will inspire our partners to follow the same path!!!!
Responsible Tourism is a core value of Geotravel’s business. We are a company committed to growing our business in a sustainable manner. We recognize that the environment, communities and cultures within which we operate are vital to the success of our business. We have the responsibility to ensure that the positive effects on local communities and individuals are maximized while the negative social, environmental and economic impacts are minimized.
This policy outlines what we have already managed, what we are currently doing, and what we hope to achieve in
the future. It defines practices at the core of our product development, operations, and external partner relationships.
It is a work in progress for everyone in our company.
Those following are our guiding principles:
- Comply with all relevant legislation and embed sustainable development principles into core business
- Use our position to drive sustainability within our destinations
- Preserve our environment and continually improve our environmental performance, operating our trips in the most responsible manner
- Optimize our social impact to enhance local livelihoods and prevent tourism leakages
- Provide information, training and support to colleagues and external partners, to engage them towards sustainability
- Provide sustainable information about our products to encourage our clients to opt for sustainable travel options
In our offices
- We ensure our employees understand our goals and are accountable for the implementation of our sustainable policies
- We monitor, reduce and manage waste in a responsible way.
- We measure our use of natural resources especially energy and look for ways to reduce them
- We purchase local products where we can and limit the use of small packaging
- We respect our employees, their diversity and advance their wellbeing wherever we can.
- We share best practices and raise awareness on sustainability among our teams and partners
- We communicate on our achievements against our sustainable goals, internally and externally through reporting at least once a year.
On the ground
- We prefer to work with locally owned businesses reflecting local cultures (hotels, restaurants, handicraft outlets, arts and culture centers) where possible
- We drive positive change within our supply chain, monitor their sustainable practices, share best practices and suggest training
- We ensure that travels we organize do not have adverse effects on the environment or society, especially
sensitive activities that may bring travellers into contact with animals, children or remote communities.
- We promote Responsible Tourism in our industry and to stakeholders we engage with in our destinations.
- We put our clients and guests at the forefront of our business and help them to make informed decisions also promoting careful water consumption and informing about the waste system in the places we visit.
- On our tours we ensure that vehicle size is appropriate for the environment
For questions and remarks related to our sustainability policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org