Sicily is an island of extraordinary beauty. Nature and climate are a starting point that already make it unique: crystal clear sea with iridescent colors, very fine sands and wild rocks. But also mountains, volcanoes and nature trails, with breathtaking views and natural parks.
Other than that, the weather is perfect: hot summers; mild autumn and spring; mild winters, especially close to spring.
In addition to nature and climate, Sicily also boasts an indisputable historical, archaeological and food and wine heritage.
Archaeological sites with ancient temples and theatres: the Agrigento Valley, the large Selinunte Park, Segesta, Morgantina, Naxos Taormina, the Neapolis park, but also the Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina.
Cities with a millenary history such as Palermo and Syracuse, where Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Spaniards and Normans succeeded one another leaving their imprint and signs of great beauty. Medieval cities such as Erice, Palazzolo Acreide, Petralia.
Sicily also allows you to experience extraordinary experiences such as:
– trekking in the Zingaro Nature Reserve, to discover the Mediterranean maquis and pristine beaches;
– the discovery of Arab colors and flavours, such as the kasbah of Mazara del Vallo and the cuisine of the Trapani area;
– the Arab-Norman route, a UNESCO heritage site, which connects Palermo, Monreale and Cefalù;
– the discovery of the Noto valley, with Ragusa Ibla, Modica and Scicli; to be fascinated by the yellow stone of its Baroque, by its ancient riches and its naturalistic beauties;
– the paths of the Madonie and Nebrodi parks, among dense woods, wide meadows, alpine panoramas;
– the discovery of still active volcanoes, such as the grandiose forge of Etna, of prehistoric and indomitable strength, and Stromboli;
– the truly unique food and wine experience, in every part of the island.
To all this, we add the breathtaking beauties of the landscape:
• The Alcantara Gorges.
• The Torre Salsa Reserve.
• The Scala dei Turchi.
• The Salt pans of Trapani.
• The Cavagrande del Cassibile Reserve.
• The Vendicari Reserve.
• The islands: the Aeolian and Egadi, among others.
Paths through citrus groves, centenary olive trees, ancient dry stone walls with the scent of rosemary, sage and wild fennel.
An island for all types of visitors! Sicily, in fact, attracts tourists from all over the world every year.
Sicily by bike
All this beauty can be savored even more deeply by bicycle!
Traveling by bike makes us feel part of what surrounds us and transfers strong and positive emotions.
Sicily by bicycle is, therefore, the best and “lightest” way to get to know it and savor it in every nuance, in every note.
Even more, the best way to experience Sicily by bike is to choose tours organized by local agencies, which organize the entire experience, providing logistical support and luggage transport.
In this way, you can enjoy the 360-degree experience, without worries and without the effort of organizing the various trips.
The only thing to do is to choose the most competent and reliable tour operator and select the tour that is most suitable for us, both for the beauties to see and for the level of difficulty of the itinerary.
The rest is to live the experience and carry a wonderful memory in your heart and mind!